1、(07陕西)-Where is my dictionary? I remember I put it here yesterday.-You
_____ it in the wrong place.
A must put B should have put C might put D might have put
「分析」答案选D."你可能放错地方了" might have done"可能做过"
2、(06江西)The weather turned out to be fine yesterday. I _____ the trouble to
carry my umbrella with me.
A should have taken B could have taken
C needn't have taken D mustn't have taken
「分析」答案选C.昨天天气晴好，我本不需要带伞。Needn't have done
1) I didn't hear the phone. I ________ asleep. (MET1989)
A. must be B. must have been C. should be D. should have been didn't
2) Where is my pen?I must have lost it.我的钢笔在哪?我肯定是丢了。
3) -I stayed at a hotel while in New York. -Oh， did you? You ________ with
A. could have stayed B. could stay C. would stay D. must have stayed
4) He went on foot， but he could have gone there by bus.他走着去的，但他本可以坐汽车的。
well. -It ________ a comfortable journey. (NMET1995)
A. can't be B. shouldn't be C. mustn't have been D. couldn't have been
6) My sister met him at the Grant Theatre yesterday afternoon， so he ________
your lecture. (2000上海高考)
A. couldn't have attended B. needn't have attended C. mustn't have attended
D. shouldn't have attended
7) Can/Could they have completed their work so soon?
8) There is no light in the room. Can/Could he have gone out?
9) The room is dark; I think he may have gone to bed.
10) You may have noticed that the afternoon sun on a winter's day is low on
He may not have said so.(他也许没有这样说过。)
He can't have said so.(他不可能这样说过。)
12) He ________ you more help， even though he was busy. (MET1990)
A. might have given B. might give C. may have given D. may give
13) Yesterday， Jane walked away from the discussion. Otherwise， she ________
something she could regret later. (NMET1996)
A. had said B. said C. might say D. might have said
14) I told Sally how to get here， but perhaps I ________ for her.
A. had to write it out B. must have written it out C. should have written it
out D. ought to write it out
15) I was really anxious about you. You ________ home without a word.
A. mustn't leave B. shouldn't have left C. couldn't have left D. needn't
16) Oh， I'm not feeling well in the stomach，I ________ so much fried chicken
just now. (上海2002)
A. shouldn't eat B. mustn't have eaten C. shouldn't have eaten D. mustn't
17) -If he ________， he ________ that food. -Luckily he was sent to the
hospital immediately. (NMET1993)
A. was warned; would not take B. had been warned; would not have taken
C. would be warned; had not taken D. would have been warned; had not
「分析」答案选B.这是与过去事实相反的虚拟条件句。要求：if+had done，主语+would/could/should +have done
18) You didn't let me drive. If we ________ in turn， you _______ so tired.
A. drove; didn't get B. drove; wouldn't get
C. were driving; wouldn't get D. had driven; wouldn't have got
19) There were plenty of time. She needn't have hurried.
20) You needn't have phoned me just now.
③具有情态动词特征：have(had,has)to,used to，ought to